Big Stone Gap
June 30th – July 4, 2023
A 5 day celebration leading up to July 4th. The Town of Big Stone Gap is painted red, white, and, blue as the celebration for our country’s independence is honored. Live music performances by area bands, food vendors from all over SW Virginia, games, inflatables, races, contests, and more! An event for all ages leading up to the 4th of July parade and a huge outdoor concert at Bullitt Park. The celebration concludes at dusk with one of the greatest fireworks displays around!
THE 2023 SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY – JUNE 30th
- Annual Dessert Creation & Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Country Kitchen @ The Visitor Center. Prizes awarded for winners of both competitions. Dessert Creation Contest starts at 5pm followed by the Hot Dog Eating Contest at 6pm
- BEACH GAMES BLOCK PARTY– With the giant beach set up, come on out and play Volleyball and compete in a Cornhole Tournament. After dark LIMBO for all!
- THE BAND IN THE SAND –Come on down to the GIANT SAND BOX and run your toes through the sand while you kick back and enjoy a cold drink while listening to live summer music!
SATURDAY – JULY 1st
- Lonesome Pine Soap Box Derby Race! Who will take home the big trophy? Adult, kids, business, and municipal divisions! Come on down and have a great summer time race with us!
- Hawaiian Luau Block Party at the Visitor Center 5p -11p. Wear your best Hawaiian outfits and stretch your toes in the sand! DJ JP Rooftop DJ!!!!!!!!! Best Hawaiian Shirt Contest, Snow Cones, Giant Sand Box, Food Trucks, Music, Cornhole, Games, Contest, and Prizes!
SUNDAY – JULY 2nd
- Gospel Night in Miners Park @ Miners Park 7pm.
- DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT @ THE RIDGE – $20 Entry fee plus free T-SHirt and Tickets to $th of July Event! Come try out our new 18 hole Disc Golf Course and win!
MONDAY – JULY 3rd
- Far Fetched Grooming & Boarding Pet Show @ Miners Park 6pm. Prizes& Awards for: Most Exotic, Best Dressed, Pet/Owner Twinsies, Top Dog, Champion Cat, Funniest, Most Unique, Best Personality, Best Trick, Ruby’s Pick. Sponsored by Far Fetched Grooming of Big Stone Gap.
- Inaugural Wrestling Alumni Dual @ Bullitt Park 9pm.
Particulars: Madison Weight System to determine weight classes at 7:00PM official weigh in. 3 – 1 minute rounds. VHSL certified official. Medals for winners and trophies for the “fan favorite match.” Wrestlers must pay 25.00 entry fee and fill out event waiver.The town will donate all proceeds to Union Wrestling.Contact email@example.com to sign up
TUESDAY – JULY 4th
- Gap Partnership Pancake & Mimosa Breakfast @ Visitor Center 8am – 12pm.
- 4th of July Freedom 5k @ Visitor Center – 9am – Day of Registration starts at 7pm
- FOURTH OF JULY PARADE through Wood Ave 4pm.
- BIG STONE GAP’S IDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT BULLITT PARK 4pm – 11pm. $5 entry fee kids 12 and under free. Food Trucks, Inflatables, Cornhole Tournament, Wine/Beer & Beer Cart. Live Music starting at 4pm till fireworks! CTM Productions will be bringing you a jam packed artist lineup of bandsas they warm you up for our headliner THE BREAKFAST CLUB! DJ Jahmal Potter will be your host for the evening! One of the best Fireworks Displays in SW Virginia starts at dusk!
For more information, contact us at (276) 523-2303 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org